So, I’m snowed in. With my parents. And suddenly blogging sees like a good idea.
Now, snow is not normal for the general Puget Sound area. We live next to the Cascade Mountains, and that is where we are supposed to go for our snowy activities. Not our own back yard (see photo). Last night when my dad and I were shoveling the driveway (which, it turns out, was really not such a good idea because it just made it icier this morning, but we were trying it make it possible for Matt to get to the garage. Didn't work.) two kids actually skied down our street.
Last year we got maybe a 1/2 inch of snow that accumulated at our house. Last night we got more than 4 inches in less than an hour, then maybe another 2 inches over the next few hours. It's pure craziness. We live in a neighborhood built on a relatively steep hill (hence the skiing) and anyone who doesn't have an SUV or a Subaru either has their car stuck at their house or at the bottom of the hill. Our house is on the second one up the hill and I couldn't get my car to my driveway when we got home from dinner last night around 7pm.
For those of you in, say, Wisconsin who are sitting there laughing while reading this: I'd like to point out that since this is so rare we don't have to many plows or piles of salt sitting around. The transit authority is doing as much as they can. But, sadly, it isn't quite enough.
I feel quite silly blogging so much about this, but what else to I have to do with my time? (Besides maybe clean the house some more. But that gets old after a while.)

UPDATE: The parents have made it out of the driveway and down the street. Hopefully they can manage the roads to their hotel and then the airport. They sure are missing Tucson right now...
1 comment:
Wow, that's amazing! Did you go sled down the big hill? Throw snowballs? Make snow angels? What did we do in the snow in Toledo? I don't imagine you recall, as you were just 4 when we moved, and pretty much haven't seen snow since!
On the contrary, there wasn't a cloud in the sky over London this morning. I took a picture of it for you. It's like 8 hours later here, so while you were getting your snowfall, I was walking back from breakfast to the hotel, commenting to grandma about how it was almost warm, and taking that picture. :)
Post a Comment